Monday, August 15, 2005

Grease and Oil and Contact Cleaner, Oh My!


From perusing the brickboard, many people recommend using synthetic oil in your D24T, but when you consider the D24T needs 7 quarts of oil you have a hard choice to make. 7qts. X $6.50 gives you $45.50 just for the oil! Ouch! Do your engine right and go synthetic, especially if you live in a colder climate. Personally, I use Castrol Syntec 5W-50

For grease, I ALWAYS use Sil-glyde, part part # 765-1351 from NAPA. It is a silicon grease that is wonderful for just about everything. It can be used on electrical connections, distributors, brake systems, etc. NAPA makes another silicon grease, but it is more watery and, in my opinion, not as good.

To clean electrical contacts I use an oxidation solvent like Wurth Contact OL. There are many brands out there. This stuff works wonders. Just spray it on the contacts of a connector and forget about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home