Saturday, April 15, 2006

U-Pull-R find

In a quest to find retractable seatbelts from a mid-90's VW Jetta for my '78 VW bus, I happened upon an '80 VW Rabbit Diesel! What luck! I pulled the fuel pump and four injectors + lines and $17 later I was off. Unfortunately, the one compatible Jetta had already had its front seatbelts taken :(

My intention is to use the pump as a practice for replacing the pump shaft seal. I also grabbed the woodruff key in case I lose mine one day. The injectors are the same as the Volvo so i will rebuild them with new nozzles and have them adjusted to the correct pressure by Diesel and Import Service in Blaine, MN. These are VERY helpful people. They tested the opening pressures on my injectors for free! They are a Bosch authorized diesel service center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home