Monday, November 28, 2005

SoDak is Possessed


I drove to work today and noticed the lights getting a bit dim... turns out that the battery was basically dead. About 1 mile from work, the radio started going off and on with the turn signals, windshield washer and whatever else required current. For some reason I was led to put the battery charger in the back seat a couple of days ago. Providence? I've been living on borrowed time as the alternator light has been on for a few weeks, well now that I think of it, over a month. I guess now I actually have to deal with the problem.

The alternator light has been doing everything from pulsing with the engine rpm to being on all the time to being off all of the time. Hmmmm

I decided to first address the grounds. I cleaned them off, put a star washer under them and retightened. The star washer makes a nice positive electrical contact. No improvement. 12.7V with engine off, 12.6V with engine on. If the alternator is charging, the voltage will be arounf 14V with the engine running. Bummer. I am predicting a bad voltage regulator/brush pack on the back of the alternator. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emly Mia said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us :)
We provide online best Automotive injector in Zimbabwe as like diesel injectors, tom diesel, injector pump service, how to test injector pump, tom for diesel, diesel tom, diesel injection service, diesel injector pump, diesel pump calibration, diesel injectors for sale,
Click here for more information:- http://tomdiesel.co.zw/

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home