Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tint


I was pulled over today in Roseville. The reason: the tint on my windows was too dark. Please. You have nothing better to do? Fortunately, the officer saw my driving record and decided to let me go without so much as a "fix-it" ticket. The interesting thing was that the officer had a "Tint Meter Enforcer". HA! Anyway, Minnesota requires that a minimum of 50% light be transmitted through the window. The Volvo had a reading of 17% :) The interesting thing is that tint laws do not apply to trucks or SUV's. What rubbish. Here is a link to window tint laws by state in case you were wondering. I bought the car in South Dakota and it was originally from Florida. Here are instructions on how to remove your window tint.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Ross. Interesting to know, and possibly helpful. Funny thing, the last thing that went through my mind as you drove away on Wed. was how your window tint seemed unusually dark.

And a correction. The Japanese tractor maker that has moved aggresively into the marine diesel business is Yanmar, not Kubota.
In case you were wondering.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ross.
I like your website !
I got a Volkswagen LT31(homemobile) with the D24T turbo diesel, 5 gears.

If you want i add some pictures to your website of my car (under construction right now).

Sorry for my bad english.
Anton from Sweden.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Winberg said...

Just email them to me. mycoleptodiscus@yahoo.com

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home