Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another Trip to the Junk Yard


I returned to U-Pull-R parts in Rosemount to find a plethora of 7-series Volvos. I scored 3 14" Alloy wheels for $22 each. Very nice-no curb rash. I just need one more to make a summer set of wheels, but I can deal with swapping one tire.

It seems as if I missed out on a 240 turbo- a source of boost, Volts, etc. VDO gauges with Volvo printed on them. All the 740's had had their instrument clusters removed :( The turbo models have extra gauges that can be easily transplanted into my dash right above the fuel and temperature gauges, plus my clock has a busted plastic gear so I can't change the time.

There were quite a bit of interior pieces to be had, but none for the wagon. Better luck next time? I got the 740 part of the 740 GLE script for the rear liftgate. Anyone have the GLE?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any spare valve covers? Or breathers for D24T?

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, you can get a good used 740 Turbo intrument cluster on ebay for $15-$30. The Boost & oil pressure gages can be transplanted into your diesel cluster. Have fun!

2:01 PM  
Blogger magi said...

I'm just visiting here and $mile you back!..nice blog and thank you!
Ice Metal Alloy Wheels for sale

8:00 PM  
Anonymous BBQ Recipes said...

Appreciiate you blogging this

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home