Monday, September 11, 2006

0.95mm

Well, 0.95 is where it's at as far as timing goes. MUCH more power. Should have absolutely no problem starting in the winter as the cold start device advances the timing an additional 0.25mm. Last winter it started great w/o a block heater down to -10F aT 0.85MM. I tried it on straight petro diesel and B50 and it's much more "zippy" with the advanced timing. If you really want, you could push it to 0.98mm, but I'm conservative. I am, afterall, a volvo driver... :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never used an actual timing gauge, but I had a similar experience with my '79 Audi;

-only problem was that the additional power provoked a head gasket leak that got better when I re-torqued the head bolts but never really went away.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed any changes in fuel mileage?

-Eli

7:34 PM  
Blogger Mr. Winberg said...

The jury is still out as I have been doing quite a bit of towing lately. I'll post when I have something definite. I can at least say for certain that the economy is not any worse.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home